TVMA conducted a strategic planning process between October and February that actively engaged almost 60 members and staff over the five-month period. A strategic plan was developed to steer TVMA over the next five years and beyond. This plan is based on a TVMA mission that establishes our primary purpose as promoting, advocating for and protecting the veterinary medical profession and advancing animal health for the well being of animals and humans.
The plan focuses on six primary issues:
- Increasing membership and enhancing member services
- Strengthening legislative affairs/media relations/relationships with special interest groups
- Improving external communications with key groups
- Upgrading our technological capacities
- Enhancing our revenue base
- Streamlining our governance structure
For details on the strategic plan, download the 2018-2023 Strategic Plan Document.
2018-2023 TVMA Strategic Plan